Early Childhood Teachers Needed
The Children’s Center is a well-respected educational facility located on Hilton Head, SC. Dedicated to providing quality, interactive learning and memorable experiences, we are looking for highly motivated teachers to inspire and be part of our team of professionals. Full-time, regular Monday – Friday workdays. Flexible part-time opportunities may also be available.
Opportunities for teachers to work with infants through after school age, to provide a learning environment that enhances the physical, social, emotional, cognitive, linguistic and creative development of each child served by The Children’s Center. The Children’s Center focuses on using the new SC learning standards in all our classrooms. Teachers provide care and learning for children in an environment that supports teamwork and collaborative learning. Our goal is to ensure children are prepared to enter kindergarten with a strong base for educational success.
This is an excellent chance to join a friendly, vibrant and dynamic team environment. Recent early childhood graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and deliver curriculum founded on the center’s philosophies while following childcare regulations and National Quality Standards
- Create positive learning environments including resources based on child-directed learning
- Develop strategies to guide positive behavior
- Build open communication with children, families and staff
- Observe and record children’s growth, development and behavior using portfolios based on SC Early Learning Standards
- Ensure the learning environment is clean, hygienic and safe
- A high school diploma
- AA or working towards obtaining a degree/ ECD101 preferred
- Experience working in a childcare setting preferred
- Fantastic organizational and teamwork skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- A good level of computer literacy
- Clean medical & background certificate
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Understanding of principles of early childhood education
- Demonstrated relationship building skills with children & adults
- Ability to work effectively and creatively with a diverse group of individuals
- Strong desire to support the organizational mission of quality education and child care services
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals, multitask, and prioritize
- Ability to use good judgement in the absence of detailed instructions
- Ability to take direction from others
- Willingness to maintain flexibility and patience with changing schedules.
If you are a qualified and passionate teacher dedicated to early childhood learning and care, please complete the forms below and send with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org